Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Dining area Updo!

Here is a great example of what I see so often with my clients.  They have a space they use daily and have started with a few pieces...a rug, some artwork, furniture.  But the room still doesn't wow.  Here is the eat-in dining area before:

The homeowners had a great table, a great rug and some great art, but that great bay window was less than stunning.  They knew they needed drapes...for looks and to block the sun throughout the day. 

I started with the color scheme they already had started and just augmented it.  We poured over several samples and looked through lots of drapery styles.  It was totally a joint process as I strive to do with all my projects.  It's your home...you should love it.

Here is the final results.  Black roman shades with golden trim details and stunning damask drapes with coordinating trim.  Now the room WOWS!






No comments:

Post a Comment